- German Shepherd dog was left tied up on a telegraph post near a railway track in Hartlepool
- Dates confirmed for Gateshead Beer & Music Festival
- Retro Festival of the summer for Sunderland, the 80s are back in town
- Weather report for the rest of the week for the north east region
- Brace yourselves: Expect sleet, snow and freezing temperatures on Tuesday
What a week it’s been for Irish three-piece The Script. Their new album Freedom Child has topped the UK Official Albums Chart, seeing off competition from LCD Soundsystem and OMD.
The #1 sees The Script score their fourth UK #1 album. Freedom Child also topped the iTunes chart in their native Ireland, as well as a further 13 countries.
They also entered the Top 10 on iTunes in 47 markets around the globe. The band have said of their Number 1 album win, “You guys may never understand how happy we are to have achieved our 4th number 1 album. You see, we’ve worked so hard on it and ultimately the fans decided whether it’s a strong album or not. We’re so so lucky and are humbled by it.”
To coincide with the Freedom Child celebrations, The Script today announce their 2018 UK & Ireland Arena tour, arriving in Newcastle at the Metro Radio Arena on Monday 19th February 2018.
The Script are one of the world’s most successful bands and have sold over 29 million records. The Irish three-piece have scored x3 multi-platinum albums, all of which were #1 in the UK. The Script have also picked up a huge following in the USA where they have x4 platinum selling singles under their belt. The Script are also one of the biggest live bands, having sold over 1.4 million tickets across 203 headline shows and they sold out the legendary Croke Park stadium in their hometown in a matter of minutes.
Tickets will go on sale 9.30am Friday 15th September and are available online, from the booking hotline number 0844 493 6666 or in person from the Metro Radio Arena Box Office. Please note venue facility and booking fees will apply.
• Date: Monday 19th February 2018 Time: 7.30pm Pricing: £30.20, £41.20 & £49.50
Please note facilities fees of 1.20 per ticket and booking fees apply