- German Shepherd dog was left tied up on a telegraph post near a railway track in Hartlepool
- Dates confirmed for Gateshead Beer & Music Festival
- Retro Festival of the summer for Sunderland, the 80s are back in town
- Weather report for the rest of the week for the north east region
- Brace yourselves: Expect sleet, snow and freezing temperatures on Tuesday
Wintry showers today. Snow overnight. Cold, windy at times.
Another cold, windy day, with bright or sunny spells and wintry showers, these showers most frequent over Pennines, and locally heavy. The showers then becoming lighter and more isolated towards evening. Maximum temperature 3 °C.
Thickening cloud will bring a spell of snow overnight, locally heavy, giving accumulations for many. Although, rain or sleet may be more likely along the immediate coast. Windier again later Minimum temperature 0 °C.
Cold and breezy with a mixture of bright or sunny spells and wintry showers. The showers most frequent across the Pennines and Cheviots. Maximum temperature 3 °C.
Outlook for Friday to Sunday:
Friday, cold and windy, further wintry showers. Turning drier Saturday with winds easing. Widespread moderate to severe frost developing overnight. Sunday, frosty start, then rain preceded by snow, becoming windier.